Monday, May 11, 2009

What a difference a year makes!

Boring Post Alert! :) I think I am having a bit of a nostalgic moment. I can't believe my baby boy is toddling around and about to turn ONE! Thank God I hate being pregnant for the summer or I would think I was ready for another! HA! As I prepare for a little party for T- Man's first bday (Yikes!) I can't help but to think how much our life has changed in the last year! About this time last year, I was as big as a house (beyond uncomfortably pregnant--ok this memory has subsided the brief baby itch), living in the city of Richmond where I walked my Jdog to school stopping at our little coffee shop where the people knew us and called us by name, working part time, seeing my sister and nephew nearly everyday and packing up my house for the looming move that was ahead post baby's arrival. It makes me sad to think that my Jack won't remember living in this special place. But I know he will always remember being besties with his cousin. * the boys on one of our final walks to the coffee shop!

Today, I am blessed with another little boy who is almost ONE! Where did the time go!? Now we live in the burbs of Philly trying to make sense of our new surroundings and neighborhood... Reconnecting with old friends and making new ones (for the boys and me!)... staying home to teach my boys that pirates can smile...watching them make each other laugh and have "dance parties" in the crib... driving to school and taking trains to nearby towns for lunch (they don't really train so much in Richmond)....spending more time with our grandparents... attempting to find the appropriate place to grocery, find party goods, get haircuts, buy flowers, get coffee, electricians, plumbers, etc. I wouldn't trade this experience for the world, although I do wish that my sister could have moved here with us. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment