Wednesday, June 17, 2009

takes the cake.

perhaps my husband drank too much last week on our wine extravaganza? Or maybe he has early case of dimentia or alzheimers or something (not that either of those are funny to joke about, but something ain't right and those seem like plausible causes at this point, if he were about 40ish years older). Long story short AJ's mom's bday gift was ready for pick up. AJ being the awesome husband that he is said he would pick it up on his way home from work. I call on the way home from the gym and said I can pick it up to which he replied, "Nope, I got it."

Fast forward to bday cake and present time tonight. Jack says, "let's give mom-mom her present! Let's give mom mom her present!" to which AJ responds, "Oh NO, I don't have it. I forgot it!?" Screech! (*that would be the sound of my brain coming to a halt!*) Switch! (*that would be my Irish temper switching on!) What does he mean he forgot it, I called to ask him if I should pick it up!? He didn't forget it, he's just joking. Surely, he is kidding... Hurry, quick, quick before I kill you say you are KIDDING! Maybe some of that was said outloud- you get to guess which part.

"Um so when I called to say I would pick it up and you said, 'nope I got it'... what in the world did you pick up... (please say diamonds... please say that purse I have been eyeing... for the sake of pete please make up something good...)
"Ohhhhh, I thought you meant the cake."
"Ahhh right, the cake... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Well this sure does take the cake. Boys, I love your dad, but he is in kahootz with you all to make my hair gray. What is that vitamin to enhance memories... ginkobilba or something? We need it, whatever it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment