Monday, November 2, 2009

blue light special on aisle 9

i just recently bought a crock pot at Kmart and I am thinking that the 1950's housewife totally had it right! This 13 dollar crock pot can make a mean meal! I can't wait to make more. I love any meal that requires you literally dumping ingredients in a pot and leaving it for upwards of 8 hours.

This was my first crock meal:

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/11/salsa-chicken-and-black-bean-soup.html

I served it over brown rice and with a little cornbread! I got a "make it again, good" review from my better half. If he only knew how long I slaved over it's preparation! :)

2 comments:

  1. I've got a few good ones I'll post about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Please post any ones that you and your fam like! I am borderline obsessed with my new crock.

    ReplyDelete