Tuesday, June 8, 2010

what's cookin'




I have been in a total cooking slump. If I haven't made time to log memories in the blog you can rest assured, it hasn't been because I have been cooking.... Just ask AJ :)

But I think I have found my cooking slump cure! The June issue of Cooking Light magically made it into my grocery cart and it is chock full of deliciousness! I can hardly wait for it to be tomorrow to try my next recipe.

Tonight we have a variation of one of the recipes, Grilled Halibut (or Chicken) with Peach and Pepper Salsa:

Fish (or chicken in our case!):
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 (6 oz) skinless halibut fillets
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
cooking spray

Combine lemon juice, oil, paprika, and garlic. Add fish (or chicken) and let stand at least 15 minutes. Grill to desired degree of doneness and serve with fresh salsa.

Salsa
2 1/2 cups peeled yellow peaches (I am not sure i got yellow and i sure as heck don't have time to peel them.... i did throw them on the grill for a few minutes as it warmed up for a little grilled flava.)
1 1/3 cups chopped red bell pepper (about 1 large)
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (I didn't have these and it tasted just fine)
1/2 cup chopped arugula (another omited item in mine)
1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (didn't use.)
1/4 tsp salt
1 habanero pepper (used a jalepeno - worked just fine)
1 garlic clove, miced
(I also added a little pico de gallo that i had in the fridge)

Combine first 9 ingredients and toss gently. Let stand 30 minutes before serving.

I just realized I really deviated from the published recipe... Cooking light might not like me calling it one of their recipes! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment